Art is a universal language that speaks to people all over the world. There are different forms of art, and it has been evolving over the years. You do not have to be a professional to do art. As long as you have the passion, you can easily enjoy art.
Benefits of Art
- Relieves stress: Art, in whichever form, will relieve stress. Whether you are a music composer, writer, painter, or whichever form of artist, there is a calming feeling when you sit down to create your favourite type of art. If you struggle with mental health issues, it helps if you embrace art as a way to calm down. There are research studies that show people who do art have increase cortisol in their bodies and are more relaxed than those who do not.
- Source of income: There are people who earn a living from art and it is becoming increasingly easy for people to comfortably make money out of art. You simply need to explore ways of marketing the art to as many people as possible.
- Documents history: The generation behind depends on people now to tell them how life was before they were born. It is through art such as paintings, writing and photography that history is immortalised. Art has, in the past, been used to understand the origin of mankind and what motivates them.
- Adds value to society: Art is not just beneficial to an individual. It helps the entire community. There are people who earn a living out of art projects even without getting directly involved, such as people who work in exhibitions. People also tend to appreciate art and use it as a way to influence behavioural change. Think of movies and media articles that have successfully started revolutions across the world.
- Demystifies humanity: Art presents a mirror to society. It helps people to understand how life works and shatters barriers that have been created by religion, cultures, race and other dividing aspects. There is a common saying among artists that when they lack the words and emotions to express their feelings, they turn to art as a way of explaining themselves.
- Improves intellect: The process of making art is intense for most people. It requires deep thinking and analysing what is happening in society. The more creating you do, the more you will develop analytical thinking. Art also allows you to have a deeper connection with the world around you.
You do not have to be an expert artist for you to start doing art. Explore different forms of art that are available. Try experimenting with several types of art before you choose one that fits well within your interests.